Sunday, August 29, 2010

Question

So, I've been pretty strict about only counting my running miles. Obviously, with my 94 miles, this strict, by-the-book attitude has really been working for me. Anyway, I bike and ellipticize at the gym and do other stuff sometimes, but I was trying to run all my miles. I think I'm going to relax my personal rules, which brings me to my question. I was in NYC today, and wore a pedometer, just for funsies. It says I walked 4.7 miles over a 4 hour period. Should I count it? And if I do, am I really just cheating myself?

3 comments:

  1. I would count anything and everything, but if you feel you're cheating yourself and you're not pushing yourself hard enough, continue on with your struggle.

    To quote an extremely intelligent philosopher:
    "Do Whatcha Like!"

    "No matter what they say or what they do
    Don't ever let nobody F%$k with you oh
    Everybody get down tonight, shake your body do whatcha like"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add it. I joined this challenge solely on the allowance for non-running miles!

    Good work w/ 94 running miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say count it, especially if you took the time to measure it! You are doing a lot more activity than someone like me who drives to the gym, runs a mile, then drives home. :)

    ReplyDelete