Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Odd Mile Interactions

So today I had a couple of mile-related things to report. Nothing amazing, but some odd interactions all crammed in one day. The first I've had since this year began.

Out for a morning jog, some guy driving by me in the opposite direction asks something about whether I had seen a white car.  I don't see much when I run and if I did I'm sure I saw "a white car" at least 10 times in the 15 minutes I had been out there at that point.  I kept running.  He then yelled, "Hey man, get back here I'm talking to you." I did not obey.

Next, while I was riding along Detroit Ave. around W. 28th St. here in Cleveland a big guy in overalls asked if he could get a ride on my handlebars.  He looked like a more crazy version of Hillbilly Jim. I opted to continue my trip solo.

Then while out rowing tonight we also had a boat on boat collision which I've never been involved in before.  I was in an eight-man shell with only 6 of us rowing at the time (lucky) and we ran into a double. It was pretty close to really bad news.  We were over 3 miles back to the dock and up there without any sort of motorized support. We collided and the double almost flipped. They managed to stay upright (lucky) and the only injury was one of the guys in the other shell getting an oar to the back along with a little equipment damage.  He was able to row back and was just a sore (and I'm guessing soon to be bruised). It could have been much worse.

Oh, and after the collision a seagull took a crap on me.  Luckily I didn't get the full load, just a splattering on my back and shorts. Somehow it missed my head. Stupid gulls.

Warm weather sure livens up the miles. Yeehaaaa!

Note: My One Quarter Done post from the other day I misstated one of my ramblings.  I meant to say that Runner_Steph's miles done all via running is way more impressive than myself who is mixing it up with three different activities. Somehow I said exactly the opposite making me sound like a pompous ass. My editorial skills* failed me as "more difficult" should have been "less difficult". Apologies.

*questionable to begin with

No comments:

Post a Comment