Monday, April 12, 2010

under where?

I bought new running shorts yesterday at the Nike Outlet. I waltzed in and picked up a pair of their wildly popular shorts. Seriously, one out three girls at the gym are wearing these in different colors. Now I can look cool out there racking up the miles.



Turns out these little beauties have a secret that set off a whole chain reaction of internet searches. You see, I bought the shorts without trying them on. I know what size I wear, why bother. Then, I got home, went to go for a run and realized there were some underwear sewn into my shorts. I found this intriguing. For most of you avid runners, I'm sure you wouldn't even bat an eye at this. But for a girl who usually wears soccer shorts or whatever kind of shorts are on sale at the sporting goods store, this was a whole new experience for me.
So now I'm at an impasse... do I double up on the underwear? or just go commando sorta with the Nike underwear? or cut that part out? I checked the internet and everyone out there seems to be just as conflicted as me. Self magazine doesn't know. This girl's blog doesn't know. And so I ask you, readers of this blog, what do you do with the built-in underwear?
Oh, and side note, I was so distracted by the sewn-in skivvies, I canceled my run yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. Cut them out. I have an old pair of adidas shorts that came this way and I cut them right out. I don't get why they are made this way -- totally uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my running shorts have the liner in them. I love them. Don't cut them. They're designed for a purpose. No underwear to dirty, fewer seams to rub, just self contained running genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have one pair with the liner. I didn't cut them out, but I still usually wear underwear anyway so it's not as gross (barely) when I yank the shorts out of the dirty laundry basket and re-wear them.

    ReplyDelete