Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Latest

Seriously! This blog is lacking. Cranking out miles just doesn't make for the fodder that stuffing bacon into your face does.

A week or so ago I ventured to NYC to watch Mile Challenge participant, Alberto run in the NYC Half Marathon.  Somehow, despite having a plan of where to cross paths that Sunday morning we still didn't see Alberto run by.  Three of us didn't see him and he didn't see us.  To the right you'll see a photo of runners coming down the west side of Manhattan. Make as if Alberto is in there somewhere.

Thanks to Alberto's training for this half and whatever else he's up to, he only has 93 miles to go before year's end.  He can pretty much run a mile every 3 days and be good for accomplishing the goal.  And that's why we call him "jerk."

Personally, I'm keeping pace with my rowing miles, but my biking and running are behind. The weather is getting nicer though so I have a plan to get myself back in the game. But will it work? We'll have to wait and find out.

Oh, and the previous post about ice cream?  Andy isn't messing around.  He's gone beyond vanilla and I've now sampled/given feedback on 3 different flavors thus far (I may have missed out on one).  Ice cream probably isn't really conducive to Mile Challenging, but such is life I guess.

Hopefully this thing will be updated with a bit more frequency now that the weather is starting to cooperate.  I know some of us Clevelanders have soccer season starting, the Warrior Dash is sneaking up, the ice is off the water for us rowers and there has even been talk of a Cleveland to Akron bike ride.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment