Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fingers As Toes

So I did it.  I rolled out to visit the friendly Appalachian Outfitters and bought a pair of FiveFingers Sprint.  Should that be Sprints?  I don't know how the plural works in this situation.  Anyway, I'm going to have to ease my feet and legs into dealing with this pseudo-barefoot running.  So says the interweb AND the guy who sold them to me.  I guess the good plan is to run about a quarter of a mile and then build a little at a time. Patience.  Yuck.

So I took a little run down the street and back as a test drive after my regular sneaker mile.  These things definitely make you run differently.  It's like wearing nothing at all, or at least as close to nothing at all as I've experienced at least. I think it should be pretty fun once I build up to normal distances.  Hopefully.

One thing I noticed is that 19 degrees doesn't really mix well with FiveFingers.  But then again, neither does anything else so I'll let that slide.

Feast your eyes on my confused feet:


2 comments: