Friday, January 15, 2010

Nutrition Assistance

In case anybody is finding all of these miles to be leaving you lacking in energy and you think an increase in calories and/or protein would do you a favor, you may want to roll out to Cleveland for a night at Buckeye Beer Engine.  Their ‘Wildly Improbable’ Burger of the Month can get you those needed calories in a neat, face-stuffing package.

This is only available in January so you best get moving if you want some of this goodness:

January's ‘Wildly Improbable’ Burger of the Month 
'DOUBLE FATTY MELT’
Two eight ounce beef patties lovingly placed between three grilled cheese sandwiches. The grilled cheeses are made with bacon and tomato. Total damage: 1 pound of beef, three pieces of bacon, six slices of cheese, and six slices of bread, cooked in butter. $18.00

If you're not following, from the bottom up, it's grilled cheese (w/bacon & tomato), 1/2 pound burger, grilled cheese (w/bacon & tomato), 1/2 pound burger, grilled cheese (w/bacon & tomato).  Oh, and that comes with a fried pickle and your choice of fries or chips.


Energy!

6 comments:

  1. Wait a god damn minute....I've seen this before. You're using post from other blogs (http://baconchallenge.blogspot.com/2008/11/fatty-boombalatty.html#links) or are you just in love with this meal. I think the later, that place needs to open a location in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before you destroy my blogging credibility with your accusations of duplicate posting, I'll have you know that these are two separate treats. Similar, but different.

    The one I previously blogged about back in bacon era was simply the Fatty Melt (which I ate). This new one is the Double Fatty Melt (which I'm slightly fearful of). The old one (which is still available on the menu) has two grilled cheese sandwiches and one beef patty. This new monster is three grilled cheese sandwiches and two beef patties. That's an extra sandwich w/bacon and tomato AND an extra half pound of beef.

    I am vindicated!

    P.S. I can mail you one if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that my favorite Ohio place?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got me, i was never good with details...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I just accidentally gave myself a mile's worth of bike riding in the challenge. I clicked the delete button, but it was about as useful as Bill's tips for eating properly.

    ReplyDelete