Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm Complaining Already

I know it's called "Challenge" for a reason but this mile business has already gotten to the point where I have to give myself a pep talk to get out the door.

The weather here in Cleveland (and I think where most of the participants are) has been pretty uncooperative. I've done a mile each day so far (ooh, a whole four days!) but none of those days have been enjoyable. It's been cold, windy, snowy and slippery. And it looks like there is no change in that scenario coming anytime soon:

Cleveland's Extended Forecast

Seriously, Mother Nature?  I know it's Cleveland and I should expect this. And I also know that technology allows for indoor running but I'm trying to stick to the challenge parameters I set for myself which is a mile a day outside style.  No wimping out for me.  Not in 2010.

That said, Mother Nature -- a slight break here and there wouldn't hurt.

1 comment:

  1. this just totally made me laugh.
    i briefly saw in the news that the mid west was getting hit with snow and didn't think much about it. after seeing your post it is making a lot more sense.
    t

    ReplyDelete