Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I ran for the first time today

I was putting off running because there was a small chance that I was dying. My thought process was, "Well, if I only have a few months to live, I might want to spend my time doing something other than running every day. I have been pretty sedentary for the last few ... years."

I went to the doctor and, long story short, I'm going to live. So I finally started running. It was fun. I look forward to this. I tried that "running not on the heels" trick. I can't tell if it worked. Has anyone else tried that?

2 comments:

  1. I've tried to do the not running on the heels routine but I'm not sure I'm doing it right as of yet. When I concentrate on striding right, I am definitely not as stompy on my heels but I still am not sure I'm on my midfoot or ball enough. I think I could use the assistance of someone watching me from a stationary position at some point if I'm really going to adjust and improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I posted a jog, I hurt my ankle/sole foot area, I think I should give the none heel stride a try. I have a funny feeling the pain is due to being obese since I graduated college. But this year I'm gonna do something about it...maybe

    ReplyDelete